Welcome Thomas A. Edison Middle School GEAR UP 4 LA.
We serve the class of 2024 and 2025 and offer an array of services including workshops, field trips, and college advising to prepare students for college and beyond. We also provide leadership, scholarship, internship opportunities and much more.
GEAR UP 4 LA has provided services for over 13,000 students at over twenty campuses. Stop by the GEAR UP office anytime. Our office is located in Room 303 next door to the Parent and Family center.
- Contact GEARUP
- Room 303
- Primary Office: (213) 605-0644 Secondary Phone: (323) 230-3175
- [email protected]
Questions? Contact us at [email protected] (Contact GEARUP).
- College: Cal State Long Beach, B.A. and Multiple Subject Credential in Education
- Cal State Los Angeles, Master’s and Administrative Credential
- Favorite Movie: Action and Comedy
- Favorite Food: Mexican and Italian food
- My biggest influence: My family and the community.
- Why you love your job: I am looking forward to working with all the students and families of the South LA community. I am excited to see what colleges and/or careers our students will choose and how they will become productive citizens in the near future.
- College: Hampton University
- California State University, Long Beach, Bachelor of Arts, English Literature
- University of La Verne, Master of Science, PPS Credential
- Favorite Movie: Drama, Action, and Suspense
- Favorite Food: Seafood and Creole food
- My biggest influence: My parents, extended family, and my community have been my biggest influence.
- Why you love your job: I was the first person to move to another state and complete college in my immediate family. I look forward to helping students achieve their goals and get into college. I have the opportunity to help students fulfill their dreams and aspirations.
- College: Cal State LA
- Favorite Movie: Moulin Rouge, Disney movies, Marvel movies, Horror/Thriller
- Favorite Food: Seafood & Italian
- My biggest influence: My parents and grandfather. They taught me to always strive for more, to never stop learning, and to take advantage of every opportunity.
- Why you love your job: Creating opportunities! I love teaching students and families about the many resources available to them. I am grateful to be able to come back and work with my community; to share my experiences and pass along the knowledge I have gained.
- College: California State University of Los Angeles
- Favorite Movie: Comic, Action, Horror/ Thrillers
- Favorite Food: Mexican and Italian
- My biggest influence: Starting my academic journey, my mother has been my pillar. She is my role model, my best friend, and my hero. She is kind, self-less, beautiful, and strong.
- Why you love your job. Growing up I saw the struggles, the joy, the tears, and the laughs. I knew I wanted to return and give back to the community; to provide more opportunities than what I was given.