Welcome to George Washington Carver Middle School GEAR UP 4 LA.
Our mission is to create opportunities and provide services for our Class of 2024- 2025 GEAR UP students. We provide college advising, field trips, mentorship, summer enrichment opportunities and more. Our goal is to increase the college going culture and college completion rate.
Our door is open to our students and their families. If you would like more information, you are welcome to stop by our office located in room C 205 Carver Building (2nd Floor).
- Contact GEARUP
- Room C205 Carver Building
- College: California State University, Los Angeles, Master of Science Degree in School Counseling Leadership and Bachelor of Arts in Spanish Language and Literature
- Favorite Movie: The Pursuit of Happyness
- Favorite Food: Chinese and Mexican Food
- My biggest influence: My mother is my biggest influence. She instilled the value of higher education, commitment and dedication. I witnessed her struggle as a single parent, her resiliency and day-to-day sacrifice to provide a brighter future for my brothers and me.
- Why I love my job: I love to motivate students to reach their full academic potential. As a first generation student myself, I understand the importance of having resources, a strong support system and mentorship.
- College: Azusa Pacific University (MA) and California State University Fullerton (BA)
- Favorite Movie: Too many to list… The Hunger Games, Napoleon Dynamite, and Bridesmaids.
- Favorite Food: I am a pretty open book when it comes to food. I like to try new things but still love all the old standbys like pizza, sushi, pasta, and tamales.
- My biggest influence: I have had some amazing and talented teachers in my educational history who lead me directly to where I am today so thanks to them!
- Why I love my job: Anytime I get to work with awesome students and colleagues I am a happy girl! Knowing each day I have a chance to help someone succeed is what puts a smile on my face.
- College: El Camino College, Associates of Arts
University of California, Merced, Bachelor of Arts
- Favorite Movie: A Beautiful Mind
- Favorite Food: Enchiladas
- My biggest influence: My biggest influence are my parents, as cliché as that may sound. I admire their determination, hard work ethic and willingness to conquer the unknown.
- Why I love my job: I love my job because it provides me the opportunity to make a long lasting positive change in my community by promoting higher education. The attainment of higher education changes the narrative of countless families and helps uplift communities.