Welcome to the GEAR UP Office at Dr. Mary McLeod Bethune Middle School, “WHERE THE BEST AND THE BRIGHTEST ATTEND, TEACH, SERVE, AND LEARN.” The GEAR UP team is here to serve the class of 2024 and 2025 as best we can with providing services that will enhance the lives of the entire learning community. It is our goal to offer goal specific workshops, field trips, college visits, counseling services, mentor groups, and multiple opportunities and experiences that will motivate our students to better plan their post secondary paths. We are on campus to inform, inspire, and motivate. Our office is located in room A-36 Monday through Friday from 7:30am to 3:30pm to offer support and services to students, parents, and staff. It is with an open heart and mind we welcome you to the GEAR UP family.
- Contact GEARUP
- Room A-36
- California State University Dominguez Hills, Administrative Credential in Education
- National University, Masters in Education & Teaching Credential
- National University, Masters in Business Administration
- Loyola Marymount University, Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration
- Favorite Movie: “Coming to America”
- Favorite Food: Pizza
- My biggest influence:Family, Friends, & Faith.
- Why I love my job: I love my job because it allows me the opportunity to make a difference and impact the lives of the future & present generation of youth. Furthermore, it allows me to validate and affirm my core values on a daily basis; which are the importance of family, education and goal setting.
- College: California State University, Los Angeles
- Favorite Movie: Toy Story
- Favorite Food: Seafood
- My biggest influence: My biggest influence is my mother. My mother worked her heart and soul to ensure I went to college and completed my degree. Seeing her struggle as a single parent instilled in me a strong work ethic and passion to make my dreams come true.
- Why I love my job: I love working with youth and working on their academic success. Their passion and drive keep me young at heart. The greatest satisfaction is seeing our community youth achieve their goal of graduating high school and pursuing a college education.
- College: University of California Los Angeles
- Favorite Movie: End of Watch
- Favorite Food: Pasta
- My biggest influence: My Mother has always been my biggest motivation and influence.
- Why I love my job: I am able to help students and parents while giving back to the community and learning new things. Along with building a family and culture that will make an impact in their lives.
- College: California State University, Fullerton
- Favorite Movie: Lilo & Stitch
- Favorite Food: Sea Food & Korean BBQ
- My biggest influence: My parents are my biggest influence. They have taught me that anything is possible as long as you put your heart and mind to it.
- Why I love my job: The students are the reason I love my job. I look forward to showing students that there is a world full of possibilities and that their dreams ARE achievable.
- College: University of California, Santa Barbara
- Favorite Movie: Elf
- Favorite Food: Tacos
- My biggest influence: My mother has always been my biggest influence. No matter the circumstance, she has taught me to be resilient, hardworking, and humble.
- Why I love my job: I believe that students deserve several outlets of support. I received lots of help throughout my years in school and I am grateful for those who helped me. I want every student who I encounter to feel comfortable with their career path and have a set route with the proper resources.